Q: I got the following error “Loading GSTMsia failed”
A: There could be a few reasons why the error occurred.
Reason 1 – The program was not run under the right settings. GSTMsia needs to be run with administrative privileges. To do so:
- Right-click on the GSTMsia icon and select ‘Properties’
- Under ‘Compatibility’ tab, check on ‘Run as administrator’
- Click Apply and run GSTMsia again.
Reason 2 – The QuickBooks Company Datafile must be opened before you start GSTMsia
Reason 3 – The default settings for your Quickbooks program prevents GSTMsia from loading. Hence we need to edit the settings accordingly. To do so:
- Open your QuickBooks client.
- Under the ‘Edit’ tab , go to the ‘Preferences’ tab. On the left hand side, go to ‘Integrated Applications’
- Check that you are on the ‘Company Preferences’ tab on top
- Ensure that the ‘Don’t allow any applications to access this company file’ is unchecked
- Below it, click on ‘GSTMsia’ and then click ‘Remove’ on the side of the box
- Close the windows
- Restart GSTMsia